Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mission Statement

I organized a book club recently with a couple of friends. Our first book is Covey's "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People". We try our best to read the chapter for the week, meet up over lunch (we all work in the same university) and discuss. The first habit was: Be Proactive. We are currently discussing the second habit: Begin with the End in Mind. Each of us in the book club is supposed to come up with our life's mission statement when we meet tomorrow. Mine is pretty loose -- I just want to go to Heaven and take as many people with me as possible. I know that's too general... I need to make that more succinct. This mission-statement exercise is actually a good thing. Actually stating my life mission and articulating it in front of my book-club friends makes it more real and I'd actually feel more accountable... ok -- now I have to go and write me a statement!


No comments:

Post a Comment