Monday, May 18, 2009

The 5 Love Languages



Do you know your love language??? 
Do you like gifts? Or would you rather spend time with your beloved? Do you get misty-eyed when your husband volunteers to do the laundry? Does your heart melt when she says, "I love you"? Or would a kiss and hug make your day?

Gary Chapman's book, the 5 Love Languages, talks about just that. Chapman writes that people have 5 love languages: Words of Affirmation, Time, Acts of Service, Physical Affection, and Gifts. Some people receive and give love in different languages. And -- it's different strokes for different folks. In my case, I think I like receiving love in terms of: physical affection and time. I think I give love in the same language. A friend of mine likes to receive love in terms of "acts of service", while her husband likes to receive love in terms of "physical affection" and "acts of service". What about you -- what's your Love Language?

No comments:

Post a Comment